Denise have released the interchangable Crochet Hook set! And we at Craft Alley Designs are very proud to offer them to you.
I'm sure you can all imagine my excitement when I picked up the enormous box from the Post Office. ANything marked airmail is pretty exciting, but things marked airmail that are ENORMOUS are even better!
I have a great love for Tunisian Crochet - I'm in the middle of making a blanket for my middle son using the most basic tunisian stitch. I love how the pattern of the stitch creates a fabric that is so much thicker than either knitting or regular crochet, and I love how easily you can change colours to create a woven look. I also love the process of it - you still have the feel of acheiving set rows, like you do with knitting but often don't feel so much with crochet, yet you are only working one stitch at a time, with one hook, not two needles... it's like the ideal combination for me.
I remember when I first developed an interest in this method, thanks to a very VERY 70's book I found in an op-shop. It was practically impossible for me to find the type of hook I needed ANYWHERE and I ended up ordering a cheap set with only 2 different hook sizes in it from the US.
So thank goodness for Denise! Now I have the entire RANGE of hook sizes, with varying cable lengths for whatever I need. All I have to do is remember not to start too many projects at the one time!
You will find the sets for purchase in the Knitting Accessories Section of our website.
I also ordered a few more of the Denise accessories this time, including the incredible Denise knitting organisers, companion cable sets, extender sets and a limited number of the Pink (for Breast Cancer Research) Knitting Needle sets. I like the organisers a LOT and grabbed one for myself. I reckon I can fit the knitting needle set AND the crochet hook set all in one organiser. Sounds like it will be going in my luggage when we go to Qld next month - if not for using, definetly for showing off *grin*
As well as the shelf at the McLaren Flat General Store - which incidentally made it's first sale last week! - we have booked our first market for the season.
If you are in South Australia we would love to see you there!
Community Market and Butterfly festival.
Saturday 24th October, 10-2
66 Ridley Grove, Woodville Gardens.
Entry is free and there will be a wide variety of things to look at, buy and do - including an opening talk by Sophie Thomson from Gardening Australia.
Our stall is inside, just incase of inclement weather. Although wool is great for making water-resistant items out of, it doesn't go so well when still balled up and drenched *grin*
If you are on Facebook, you may not know that Craft Alley Designs has it's own Facebook fan page. We are currently running a competition to get some more members for our page.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/McLaren-Flat-Australia/Craft-Alley-Designs/112762670340?v=wall&viewas=580103390
Please cut and paste the link into your browser and fan our page to participate.
Also, we are now on Twitter - CraftAlley - so you can follow us there
The nappy hunt is going very well, with loads of visits to the site.
Don't forget that all hunters have a discount code that gives them 10% off during the month of September!
NOw there's a long blog post *grin* but when things this exciting happen, what else is a girl supposed to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment