Logo

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The hunt, available fibre and other updates.

It's March next month.Which means that yet again we have been accepted by the lovely community at ANN to sponsor the march Great Down Under Nappy Hunt.

The prizes I donated this time are


2 balls Ty-Dy in Tropicale colourway

TY-DY: If you like multi-colored, rainbow-dyed wool, you will LOVE our 100% cotton version. Plus, it's very soft to the touch.

Fiber Content: 100% cotton
Put-Up: 100-gr ball
Yardage: 196 yards
Texture: smooth
Sts per 4": 20 sts
Needles: US size 7 (4.5mm)

prize includes 2 balls plus a pair of Denise size4mm interchangable needles.



Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Unicorn Parade Colourway


This sock yarn is hand-dyed with perfect care, for socks, scarves, hats, jackets - anything! One skein is enough for one pair of socks.


Material: 80% Superwash Wool, 20% Nylon

Description: 4 ply, tightly spun machine washable sock weight

Yardage: 435 yards

Weight: 100 grams

Needle Size: 1

Gauge: 7



There's nothing better than sharing the yarn love, after all!


Part of the hunt, as I'm sure some of you will remember, is the discount code you receive when you sign up. It will score you 10% off all products in my store (yep, that's off EVERYTHING) for the duration of the hunt.
What better incentive do you need to sign up??


While I've been preparing for the hunt I've also been changing around a few things on the site to attempt to make them a bit more user friendly. As some of you already know, as well as running the business I currently work 2 part-time jobs and have 3 boys at home so things can get hectic - hence the slow progress! But I have corrected some errors already - which means now, when you go to order merino or corriedale slivers on the site you can easily see which colours are currently in stock and available for immediate shipping, and which colours I can order in for you from offshore.
I have also listed the mixed colour Corriedale packs, and popped up the instock packs of our luscious merino/silk blend!

As the hunt goes by I should be able to update a few more listings, including the ever-elusive Noro yarn (which is here and selling like hotcakes whenever I take it out on excursions with me to Spinning and Knitting groups, but still hasn't made it onto the website!) and a few other lovely bits of silk yarn.

The other update? well, I have a studio. It's still in pieces, because to be honest I'm a little confused about how to put it all together! However I think that there may be an end in site - I might just have to pay someone to build it for me. Hopefully I can sell a car to fund that particular event.

Oh, anyone want to buy a car? *grin*


Well, that's it from me! With one small exception... in the midst of the working and the attempted construction and the website maintenance, I found a little bit of time to spin and dye and knit.
This is what I came up with.

There are details on my Ravelry projects page!

No comments: