Logo

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The 2010 Adelaide Hills Spinners and Weavers Annual Camp



So I went to the camp for an afternoon, with all my gear. As you can see - there's a lot of it, and it's growing daily! Above is the lovely felted knitting needle cases, hand-made in Tibet by a fair-trade collective. And a few tubs of yarn and fleece.
This we have affectionately named the bubble tree, or the balloon tree depending on our mood. It's very pretty when it's all full up and displays our bright, Corriedale sliver to it's best!

My lovely, lovely girl - My Ashford Joy. I LOVE spinning with her! Behind her you can see the bag that I carry her everywhere in. And some knits for sale in the tub on the other side.

This photo holds my other two darlings - my Wild Carder, who makes perfect batts out of all sorts of fleeces and blends up colours brilliantly. And my Knitter's Loom, who helps me create finished products from my handspun.

Oh look, there's some woven scarves up there now!

The problem I have with all that lovely merino/silk blended sliver is - I'd kinda like to take it home and spin it myself, instead of taking it home and leaving it there to sell....


Ahhh now here's a bit of a sneak peek - not yet loaded up to the website, but hopefully within the next few days they will be! Yep, some new stock from Lotus Yarns - soy/merino blend, cotton/cashmere blend, and 100% bamboo yarns. Lush!

A different view of the tree - and the shelves of desire LOL

Oh look, a customer! That's Denise, looking at a table full of other new goodies - Clover Needle-felting accessories! Also waiting in the wings to be added to the webstore.

So that was the spinning camp this year. I wonder how much MORE stock I'll have to showcase for next years camp???

No comments: